Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Arches

My parents and Emma came up for our church's General Conference two weeks ago and then afterward Megan and I were able to go with them to Arches National Park in Moab. It was so great to be with my parents and Megan and spend more time with Emma, the best sixteen  year old I have ever met. Sadly Chance could not get time off from his clinical rotation and the Eliason family didn't want to attempt the 12 hour drive with Lily (I have no idea why).
She looks so innocent!
 Anyway it was a wonderful trip! Here are a few pictures.
The fam at Dead Horse Point. I don't like how it got its name, but it was beautiful.

yoga and high kicks on cliffs
balance rock
Delicate Arch, my personal favorite. I feel complete now that I have seen the inspiration for Utah license plates, I never quite appreciated them before.
Last day in Moab by the Colorado River, we saw dinosaur fossils!
Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun getaway to one of God's beautiful creations. I love you!

3 comments:

Jana said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time and so sad I wasn't there! I can't imagine 12 hours in a car with miss lily though. oh man! i love you guys! see you soon!!

EmylovePaul said...

beautiful pictures! miss you.

Cindy Brink said...

Best of times is time spent together...you are incredible Erin!!