Monday, June 13, 2011

De-Fense

No, I am not talking about the Heat's terrible loss in the finals (of which we are very sad about), I am talking about the exquisite feeling of being done with my thesis defense! I passed my defense a month ago today, so it is about time I document this momentous event in my life.

Everything went really well, I gave my 20 minute presentation, then my committee questioned me for 40 minutes, then I left the room and they deliberated for 10 minutes and then I came back in and they said I passed with qualifications!  I fixed what I needed to the next week and turned in the final copy. What a relief!


My wonderful Mom came up for the occasion, and Megan and Chance were there at my defense as well. It was so comforting to see them all while I was presenting. We had a fun weekend together and I am just so grateful for all of the love and support I have been given from my family, Chance's family, and my Heavenly Father in receiving my MPH degree.

6 comments:

Jana said...

I'm so proud of you, Erin! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!

Cason and Marie said...

Erin, you're amazing!! Way to go!!

eden said...

yay for you! i'm looking forward to that feeling... (:

Katie said...

YAY! way to go!

Chelsey said...

glad it went good, you're awesome! Nice work

Cindy Brink said...

Really No need to blog this. I've told everyone I know how amazing you are!! So glad to have that great memory!!