Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mom


About 10 months ago we found out we were pregnant and after all of the excitement calmed down and I calculated the approximate due date I realized that my parents would be on a boat in the middle of the Amazon River. I couldn't believe the bad timing! I was due June 27th and they flew to Lima, Peru on June 28th. Needless to say they weren't too happy with the timing either! As the time grew closer for our baby to arrive my mom started praying that he would come a little early so that she could see him before their trip. Although it seems my mom's prayers are always answered, I really thought I would be going over my due date. I called my mom the morning I started feeling labor pains and after the doctor confirmed we were having a baby that day she immediately booked a ticket to fly into Austin that night. Having her walk into the hospital room that night was so special for me. 
I had no idea how much I wanted her there until she had actually arrived. She was such a great support during my recovery from the surgery and the scary incident with Leo. I can't picture that experience without her! I am so grateful she was able to be there. I love you Mom!

No comments: